Workers Comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pien_Che

On July of 2003 I was employed and covered by worker's comp. insurance. The doctor I was sent to by my workplace prescribed support stockings for the varicose veins which resulted from my type of work. The cost of the two pairs they gave me was $22 each for a total of $44. All covered. Today I am unemployed and I have no insurance. In February 2004 I received a letter from a collections office saying that my insurance has been denied and that I owe $ 162.15. I have not received a previous letter by anyone saying WHEN my insurance was terminated nor a letter explaining me why the cost skyrocketed. Is this the legal procedure?

Did you call your insurance as to why you were not covered? It seems that you were covered by the insurance company at the time of the claim. Call them first before you can decide whether there is a wrong that needs to be addressed.

Originally posted by Pien Che
On July of 2003 I was employed and covered by worker's comp. insurance. The doctor I was sent to by my workplace prescribed support stockings for the varicose veins which resulted from my type of work. The cost of the two pairs they gave me was $22 each for a total of $44. All covered. Today I am unemployed and I have no insurance. In February 2004 I received a letter from a collections office saying that my insurance has been denied and that I owe $ 162.15. I have not received a previous letter by anyone saying WHEN my insurance was terminated nor a letter explaining me why the cost skyrocketed. Is this the legal procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back