Won't let me post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekSmall

Hi all, every time I try to post in this forum, I get a message telling me that I can't post website addresses until I have 5 or more posts to prevent spam.

The post I am trying to make has no links in it at all, but it does contain the words 'chat room', 'internet' and 'forum' etc... as this is what the post is about.

Could it be this stopping me from posting?

Just going to post 3 more (sorry mods, but I honestly haven't included any links in the post I want to make, and it's quite urgent).

We're going to put up a FAQ here on this issue but, in short, you aren't prevented from posting. New members are prevented from putting up a link unless it is approved, especially if it contains certain words. These are moderated posts which should appear within a day or two after they are posted. It's a necessary evil given the huge volume of link spam.

But what you are talking about is a limitation on emailing members, e.g. me. This doesn't prevent you from contacting support for technical issues or other questions. What happens is that new users here get impatient and want immediate answers. So they'll send several emails, profile wall messages and try to chat active members to get their answers instantly. You wouldn't believe some of the messages I've received in chat, e.g. "you're not there? What is this service? Don't you answer questions 24/7?" Some of us do sleep. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back