Won't let me move in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

robyn21

Grrrr....:mad:

My lease is almost up and I need to move. So I found an affordable apartment complex and I find out later they are a Low-income housing tax credit property. After I figure out that I fall between the income requirements set by Section 42 Affordable Housing, then I fill out the application and take it back with my application fee and my deposit. The lady takes my application looks at the first page and tells me I can't live there. I can't live there because I'm a full time student! :eek: The only way I can qualify to live there since I am a student is if I am married, receiving food stamps or welfare (which I can't get also because I'm a student), or I have a kid. I don't quite understand how that works. I work full time just to go to school full time, and I have never been evicted. I have lived apartments in the same town for the past three years. I have never even been a day late on my rent, and I've never broken my lease. I meet all of the other reqirements to live there but why is being a student keeping me from leasing an apartment there? Is there anything I can do ?:confused:

The subsidy of this complex by we the taxpayers has some kind of condition on it that will not let students live there.

I don't know of a way around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back