Won't get broken purse replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelical

Bought a purse for242.80 after a 40% discount on 6-4-13. On 12-2-14, after eating dinner @ a nearby restaurant, I picked up my purse (which was next to me on the booth), and the handle came off. Took the purse to the store where I bought the next day. Brought the purse in its cloth bag and in pristine condition (except for the handle), and they took the purse back with the promise to either fix it or replace it with something comparable. After not hearing from them in a while, I went back to the store on 12-26-14 and the store manager reported that they were having difficulty fixing it and she did not think that she should replace it since I bought it last year. What are my rights? What can I do to get a replacement since I can not use my purse without a handle

Then why would you expect them to repair a purse if there was no warranty?

Agree, particularly since you had it for a year & a half & even bought it at a discount.

If they have an on site seamstress/tailor they likely offered as a matter of goodwill to see if it could be fixed. When such things can, it is usually just a matter of having the equipment. Labor and material is almost nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back