Consumer Law, Warranties Woman trying to sue me, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayaihakai

In late 2006, I had my car breakdown, and the father of one of my friends said that he would pay for it. He told me I just needed to do some lawn work for his wife. A couple months later, after I had been doing lawn work for awhile, I had a girlfriend who lived in Virginia who had become pregnant. So I left my home here to go care for her. In the time that I was gone him and his wife divorced. Then when I came back I was told by her daughter that she was irritated I left so soon, but eventually that passed. I had even been over to the house numerous times and she never said anything about wanting me to do more lawn work or giving her any money. Now that her daughter is trying to jump out of a lease with us, because her mother got hooked onto heroin and other drugs, blew all of her money, then tried to kill herself; and we are no longer friends, her mother is trying to say that I owe her $450. There was never any mention that I would pay any money back for his assistance, and if there was I would have refused it.

In addition, the other night, after she was yelling at my pregnant wife, she brought it up and I told her I would pay it back, just to get her to leave us alone because she was upsetting my wife so much that she was having early contractions and shes only 7 months pregnant. I don't think that matters at all, but my wife was worried.

Was your lawn work worth $450? It would seem that you're best off negotiating this, especially since it's clear you didn't perform your full amount of the bargain due to your leaving early. Good intentions aside, this is what it seems to me to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back