Wine & Spirits Education Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfoam

There should be a class action suit brought against this company. They have been in operation for 10 years in the United States and have been engaged in a the same scam for all that time without getting busted.

They claim to offer professional training and certification for the wine and restaurant industries. They have schools across the country, and their programs cost thousands of dollars. The entire thing is a scam. They are not accredited to teach professional programs. In fact, they are not accredited to teach anything in any state at all!

I took the WSET course a few years ago, but I just found out that I was scammed a few weeks ago.

There are tens of thousands of people who have been hoodwinked by them over the last decade, each of whom has spent a sizable amount of money, probably around 20 million dollars in total. I have no idea were to turn, so any input would be great.

This is a very old one! For anyone looking at this thread, it's pretty frightening what a scam this is. It seems like the best place to turn would be the state attorney general. An attorney might take the case if it involves the big money that it promises to expose a licensing fraud and there are deep pockets to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back