Wills

Status
Not open for further replies.

leereid

Am I entitled to see, or have a copy of my mother's will? She passed away in 11/05, however, some new information and questions have arrisen pertaining to the disposition
of this will. Mr only sibling was the exectutor, I have recently found out that he took $700K out of my fathers assets as on record in the probate court of Bartow County, GA. The money was removed from the list "per instructions" (of whom??) on 8/1/07,
one month before my father's death in September, 07; I received a copy of Dad's assests in late August..................................and am aware through the lawyer (brother's) that what he did was "legal, but not following Dad's will...........immoral, unethical, and I hope if he doesn't come around, he can live with himselfL". I have only recently found out about the $700K withdrawal. As it was, according to the probate
court, his assets where $942K. As it was, only $521K was distributed as outlined by
Dad's will..............................How can I get a copy of Mom's will to try and find out
what happened!!???? Thanks for your help!!

I am pretty sure in wills become public record at death in every state. If the estate was left in trust then it is private.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back