Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Will winco take me to court

knipselli

So i accidentally walked out of winco with three dollars worth of merchandise. It was an honest mistake. I set it on top my bag and went inside when i reached into my purse. I know it probably looks like i deliberately stole something, i can't fight that. I was brought into a room and told to sign the papers For the civil demand. $203.05. I'm going to pay it. I cannot prove i didn't try to steal it. No police were called. The only thing im worried about is going to court. Would winco really take me to court if i pay their fine for the $3 item? Wouldn't that not be very cost effective for them? Right before i left the security guard asked if i wanted to confess our stick with my story, i said im sticking to my story because that's the truth. I'm now afraid that this is going to blow up out of proportions

If you pay the demand you won't hear anything more about it.

If you choose to not pay the demand then you would have to wait and see what they want to do over $3 they didn't actually lose.
I'm seriously petrified to go to court, I paid the demand immediately when their facility opened, it was an honest mistake.

I'm curious as to how you can accidentally walk out of a store with 3.00 worth of merchandise and not pay for it!
it was a small hair ribbon, it fell down, I picked it up and put it in my purse not even thinking twice because I have some in my purse. I know, I'm an idiot, mistakes happen and I paid $203 because of it.

Back