Will this affect my job record

Cindy_48

Jurisdiction
California
Hello, I'm 16 years old and work in burger King. I got hired 3 months ago and a while ago I asked one of the workers for a free ice cream and got in trouble. Well, yesterday I tried to sneak some fries in and got caught. Will this go on my job record? What can I do to stop it? Anything will help please I know it was dumb. I turn 17 next month I'm so scared I feel like my heart dropped I don't want it to go on my job record or anything

That you are still working there is in your favor. The incidents are likely in your personnel record with Burger King but aren't likely to follow you around for future employment provided, of course, you stop doing crap like that.

There is no mysterious "job record" like there is with driving records or criminal records. A particular employer may keep records on the good, bad, and ugly, but there is no standard way these must be kept nor and requirement/prohibition they be shared with a future employer. Your best bet is to apologize, follow the rules, and learn from your mistakes.

At 17 my brother got fired from a food service job for giving free dessert to his friends. Stupid move but that brother is now the Deputy Director of a large state agency, graduated college and law school Magna Cum Laude, and holds elected public office. In other words, a stupid move or two at a job when you are 16 isn't the end of the world.

Back