Will the Retail theft Database show up in a background check

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
So my "friend" got drunk and tried to shoplift something from Sheetz ( gas station if you don't have one near you). They got caught and were told that they will have to pay a civil demand, no police were called. I assume that they are going to be placed in the retail theft database. If they want to work in healthcare or tech consulting will this show up in a background check outside of the retail industry? They are about to graduate college this spring and are hoping it wont ruin their professional career.

So my "friend" got drunk and tried to shoplift something from Sheetz ( gas station if you don't have one near you). They got caught and were told that they will have to pay a civil demand, no police were called. I assume that they are going to be placed in the retail theft database. If they want to work in healthcare or tech consulting will this show up in a background check outside of the retail industry?

I've been reading the same kind of question for years. The whole world is connected by computer. There's a good chance that record will surface at the worst possible time.

They are about to graduate college this spring and are hoping it wont ruin their professional career.

They should have thought of that before going out and getting drunk and stupid.

It might or might not show up on a background check. Since no police were called & if the friend pays the civil demand, there is a possibility it will not if they apply for a job outside of the retail field.

If your friend didn't steal, he wouldn't have to worry about it as I'm sure you & your friend know.

I am a Retail theft consultant and answer questions like this daily. Retail theft databases and criminal background checks are not related! the only way a person or group can view contents of any Retail Theft database is if they subscribe to it.

I am a Retail theft consultant and answer questions like this daily. Retail theft databases and criminal background checks are not related! the only way a person or group can view contents of any Retail Theft database is if they subscribe to it.

Thank you shrinkmaster is there a way for me to contact you outside of the public form I know you have answered specifics in the past and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back