Will legaly changing my wife's last name on marriage license affect honeymoon travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtcinema

Hello. My fiance and i are applying for our marriage license here in California where we live and will be married. Under The Name Equality Act of 2007 AB 102 we can select new names (she's taking my last name) on the marriage license which is legally binding to avoid some headache of having to do it after.

My question is will this in any way affect us when traveling on our honeymoon in the two weeks after the wedding, we will be gone, for our flights which will be a domestic and honeymoon as her documents all have her maiden name...in other words will it be submitted right away to an agencies, where we'd have a problem with her identity with flying. We are applying for our license in a couple days. I greatlyappreciate any help.

No, I changed my last name when I got married ( on the certificate & Social Security) but i did not go to the DMV to change my drivers licence-- our travel plans were in my maiden name and the only thing you need for flight etc.. is the drivers licence or some state ID ( on domestic) so she should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back