Will I have to repay administrative leave with pay?

F

firemedic11

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I had knee surgery and due to complications from arthritis, I was unable to be active for almost three and a half months until the doctor could treat the arthritis. I gained weight and lost acclimation to the climate during the time I was out in the summer months. When I attempted to return to work I was unable to complete the physical agility test in a timely and acceptable manner. I was sent to a company physician who placed me out of work for 10 weeks to lose weight and restrengthen my body for the rigors of my job as a firefighter. I was placed on administrative leave with pay for the 10 weeks by my employer. My question is will I have to repay the wages earned while I was on leave by either repaying the wages or forfeiting any vacation and sick time to equal the amount of pay I received while on paid leave?

No one here is in a position to say what your employer will do. It is possible that you will be required to use paid leave for the time - it is possible that you will not. If you are, it is legal. It is highly unlikely that you would have to repay the wages.

Back