Will I go to jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Model

I was caught stealing $200 from my job. I needs the money to pay bills as my hours at work got cut down to 1 or 2 days a week (about 8 hours a week). 3 years ago I was giving 1 year probation and community service for shoplifting $175 worth of merchandise from a department store. I am currently 6 months pregnant.

I was caught stealing $200 from my job. I needs the money to pay bills as my hours at work got cut down to 1 or 2 days a week (about 8 hours a week). 3 years ago I was giving 1 year probation and community service for shoplifting $175 worth of merchandise from a department store. I am currently 6 months pregnant.

We just don't know. But, stealing can land you in very hot water. If you're smart, stop stealing. Breeding, when you're poor, is very costly. If you can't feed yourself, how can you feed a baby? Stop stealing, stop breeding.

This will be second offense (if charged) which means possible jail sentence. You need to discuss your options with an Attorney right away and discuss issue with no one else! In addition if your employer questions you answer no questions, make no admissions and sign no papers!

I might mention you can many times get partial unemployment ins. if your hours/pay are cut enough to qualify. That would have been better than stealing. Never steal no matter what.

You need a lawyer & talk only to the lawyer. If you can't afford one, maybe one will give you a free consultation at this time. Otherwise; when you go to court, ask the court if they will appoint one for you because you can't afford one.

No, you needed the money because you've made foolish choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back