Will i ever drive my car again??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetpea2003

I'm 22 yrs old & don't know crap about personal injury lawsuits but all that had to change when a drunk driver was stopped on the freeway. The car in front of me dodged this drunkard and I ended up not being as fortunate and struck the rear side of his car. Not only did this guy destroyed the whole front of my car he wanted to commit suicide by jumping off the side of the freeway. I didn't have full coverage so I was screwed if this guy didn't either. A police report was made and he was arrested. My car was towed away. It turns out that the drunks car was covered but the adjustor kept blowing me off. This happened in May of 2002 i got a lawyer and he started sending me to therapy now its Jan 2003 and my car is still sitting in my drive way. So what my question is to anyone who can answer it is it normal for suits to last this long? Do i have a good change of being well compensated for all this?

Unfortunately, personal injury lawsuits have been known to last a very, very long time. I have dealt with cases in New York that are easily over 5 years from the day they began. It's demoralizing sometimes. However, many judges seek to encourage settlement. Just make sure the case is moving slowly because of the system, not because one party is dragging their feet. If your insurance company's lawyer is handling it, then it is possible that such a case might take a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back