Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft will i do any jail time on a first felony charge of retail theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

steph

Im facing a felony charge for retail theft. Will i do any jail or probation? This is my very first felony of any kind

Okay - you've made it clear that this is your first felony charge. Do you have misdemeanors on your record?

Do you have any other type of past "criminal history", arrests, charges, misdemeanors ...... ?

A felony is a serious issue and one that can carry prison not jail time. You need to discuss these concerns with your Lawyer who is more familiar with your laws and Judges. I also have this suggestion. I was working with a shoplifter like yourself who facing serious consequences as well. I instructed him to take and complete the NASP anti shoplifting program and have it completed before court. He took that proof to court and Judge was so pleased he dismissed his case on the spot no probation! Where I cannot say this will happen for you as well it can only help and not hurt. The course can be done online.

The consequences could also depend on if you have any other past criminal history even if not a felony - hence Proserpina's & my questions. A felony though even by itself, as shrinkmaster noted, is serious. Anything you can do to help yourself, do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back