Will I be receiving a summons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpj731

Over the weekend there was a large upset in a football game. Many students went on campus to celebrate. While couches were being burned and people were crowd surfing and blocking the street, I decided to go home. On the way home I grabbed a twig off of a tree. As I walked down the street with a friend, a police officer came over to me and told me I was going to jail for what I had done. I gave my keys to my friend and told him to go back to my place. He asked for identification which I did not have because I didn't want to lose my wallet when I went out which contained all of my identification. I answered all of his questions quietly, calmly, and respectfully. He took my name, address, and other information and had me sit on the curb. After a few minutes he came over to me and told me to go home. He never said anything about a citation. Today I read in our newspaper that 5 people were cited during the "event" and that they would receive summons in the mail. I never signed anything and the officer never made me aware that I was in trouble for anything other than him saying "I was going to go to jail" for grabbing the tree branch. Should I be worried that I may get a summons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back