Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Will i be charge with theft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtfwolf

Okay, I was in the store looking for a new watch, but couldn't find a good one so i left the store. And security arrested me. Then somewhere on the ground they found a two pairs of earrings so they took me inside and i got a ticket. They never found anything on me, but still gave me a ticket. And they were girl earrings and I'm a boy and i don't have a girlfriend or any one to give them to, so there was no reason for me to steel them but they don't believe me. They never seen me throw anything they are just saying that it fell out of my pocket....................Well anyways i was wondering when i go to court would they charge me for theft? Or what can i say that will help me not get charged...............I Live in Colorado. This happened In Target Store.

Did they tell you why they stopped you?
Were the earrings new and same brand as store name sells
Had you taken or concealed anything even if you dropped it before exit?

Comeback with these answers and we will see how we can help you

They said they went to the Jewelry department and found empty packages. But they found like 20 packs. And and they are blaming me for stealing 3.

ya same brand as the store. They even found the package from it. They newer seen me throw anything didn't see me put anything in my pockets on cameras. i was looking for a watch, and they are next to the jewelry department. I was with my friend they told me they saw him putting things in his pocket so when we were walking out they went an found empty packages and went to stop us when we were outside the store my friend ran and told me to run. But hes faster than me so they got me down first and found necklines and earring next to me. And told me that it fell out of my pocket when he tackled me. It could of been him or probably was my friends. When they got my friend they didn't find anything on or next to him so they didn't charge him. They tackled me and when inside they sayed we found the empty packages so they went to stop us but we ran. That's about what they told us why they stopped us. At the end they were really pissed off, they told my friend that they saw him putting things in his pocket but cant find what happened to it so they had to let him go. i probably could say that its my friends and he dropped it next to me. But i don't wanna get him in trouble, because if he gets another ticket he goes to jail. And i don't wanna pay for the jewelry ether.

You are an accomplice at very least in this. It seems to me they saw you or him conceal items and leave without paying. Fact you were with him and present during theft makes you an accomplice. You need an Attorney and need to decide whats more important your record or your friendship. If you direct your freind to this site we can try to help him as well

So, they just happened to tackle you right where your friend dropped the stuff?
And if you did nothing wrong, why did you run?
Your story doesn't add up at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back