Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft will I be arrested & charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolh329

I was caught shoplifting in store name supermarket in NJ for amount of $15. They did not call the police. I paid $150 civil demand and signed a document not to come back to the store for the period of 2 years (The letter indicated I will be arrested and charged if I go back there during the 2 years time frame) and they also took my shopper club's card. Few days later one of my relative shopped there used my shopper club's card (the other set I have with the same # as the one the store security took from me). Will Store name think I was there because my shopper club's card was used? Will I be in trouble? I'm really worried. Please help me!

Your making the assumption that this store checks all purchases for banned members purchases. That is pretty far fetched. Your probably safe. If your that concerned cancel your membership

You have mentioned on another post that "Some retailers file Police reports later rather than wait for Police arrival, which can be hours in some cases." Now I'm really worried the store will file a police report on me at a later time? Because the Banded notice from the store has 4 copies (The page3 & 4 indicated is for police officer and court). Does this mean they will have to file the case otherwise why they have the extra 2 copies for the police & court?
This incident happened on 12/24 if they're going to file the report usually within how many days, weeks or months I will receive the letter from the court? If I received the letter from the court will there be an arrest record on my file? Please help!

"If" and I mean "IF" a Police report is filed later the time frame in which you would be contacted will vary depending on how busy the DA's office is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back