Will husband's medical bills affect wife's credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weatherman55

I have medical bills from an injury. I have excellent credit and so does my wife. We cannot pay the full amount of the medical bills so we are making monthly payments. I know by doing that it will bring my credit score down but I have no choice. I have only been sent to collections by 2 of the bills so far ( got them in the mail today )and I am trying to make arrangements with the other ones.
We want to apply for a bank loan and pay off all these bills. (The medical bills are in my name.) ( husband ).I dont want the bank to check my credit since it is probably getting bad as the months pass. I was thinking about putting the loan in her name only. Will the bank still check MY credit? Will the late medical bills affect HER credit too?
I must add that I am still unemployed at the time. But hope to be back to work as soon as possible.( I don't like my wife having to bear the whole financial burden.)
PLUS,, If these bills will affect our credit..How bad will it affect it by paying these bills a little at a time? Will our credit score drop drastically?
Sorry for so many questions.. I just want to know where I stand before going to the bank on Monday. Thanks

Your wife's credit should be unaffected by your obligations.

But, that depends on many things.

Credit bureaus are in the business of screwing as many people as they can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back