Naturalization, Citizenship Will disorderly conduct conviction (in nyc) affect my citizenship application at california

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooe

Jurisdiction
California
I have been arrested at Dec 2015 for the first time in my life because my wife called 911 and accused me that I hit her, the initial charges was assault (misdemeanor). Harassment 2nd degree (violation) and disorderly conduct (violation) according to NY penal Law. at Aug 2016 I was convicted by disorderly conduct (240.20) which is a violation at NY penal law with 2 years order of protection (including my 2 kids from her), 1 year conditional discharge and $ 250 fee.
I have been marrying her since Sep 2009. entered USA at March 2012 by her. I live at San Francisco now and she live with her family at NY. no divorce proceeding till now. I think I am about to be eligible for the 5 years rule. so my question can I apply for citizenship now or I need to wait for several years after the arrest date (because I do not know if this will affect the good moral character or not).
I am an international medical graduates and I did all the US medical licences exams and I am applying for medical residency here and I have an excellent reputation wherever I work, volunteer and live . but unfortunately after all of these years my wife trying to destroy my future and keeping my kids away from me to fulfill her selfish behavior.
I accepted the DA offer because it was only a violation and not a criminal offence as the judge told me and even the order of protection subject to family court orders and I see my kids by supervised visitation till now but very soon I will start unsupervised visitations to my kids because I know that I will get an excellent report from the comprehensive family services.

You can ask the peopel that run the US immigration program:

www.uscis.gov

You can also consult an immigration lawyer near you with ALL of your US immigration related questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back