Deportation, Re-entry Will a TOURIST have a problem to re-entry in the US after a Dismissed and Sealed ACD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gustavao2206

Hello everyone. I've been reading so much about this, but I found so many divergent opinions by lawyers. So here I am asking again..

I was accused of shoplifting last february. I got an ACD and did community service. The 6 months of clean nose are past now and I've my case dismissed and sealed "pursuant to section 160.50 of the CPL. "

Check what appears on my Certificate of Disposition:

Arraignment Charges: 155.25, 165.40 -------- (do I commit 2 crimes involving moral turpitude?)
02/11/2012 - ADJOURNED - CPL Section 170.55
08/10/2012 - DISMISSED - CPL Section 170.55
Summons no ------ blank space

I'm afraid that when I'll go to NYC to spend my next vacation (12/2012) the people that work at the Port of Entry can see something and deny my entry.

I've found that an NYC ACD does not constitute a conviction under immigration law, is that true?
Do I need to be afraid of something?
Will I be deported or denied?
What is the worse that can happen?
Will a record of an Arrest deny my re-entry to US as a tourist?

Hello everyone. I've been reading so much about this, but I found so many divergent opinions by lawyers. So here I am asking again..

I was accused of shoplifting last february. I got an ACD and did community service. The 6 months of clean nose are past now and I've my case dismissed and sealed "pursuant to section 160.50 of the CPL. "

Check what appears on my Certificate of Disposition:

Arraignment Charges: 155.25, 165.40 -------- (do I commit 2 crimes involving moral turpitude?)
02/11/2012 - ADJOURNED - CPL Section 170.55
08/10/2012 - DISMISSED - CPL Section 170.55
Summons no ------ blank space

I'm afraid that when I'll go to NYC to spend my next vacation (12/2012) the people that work at the Port of Entry can see something and deny my entry.

I've found that an NYC ACD does not constitute a conviction under immigration law, is that true?
Do I need to be afraid of something?
Will I be deported or denied?
What is the worse that can happen?
Will a record of an Arrest deny my re-entry to US as a tourist?

If you're smart, you'll stay out of the USA.
Why?
Everyone is paranoid and looking for terrorists.
Save your money and visit another great country.
The USA is struggling with serious debt issues and massive depression.
Don't come here and risk an arrest or a hassle.

While it shouldn't be a problem, entry is never guaranteed - it really is up to the agent at the border.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back