Copyright WilI I Get Sued For This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlessandroRossi

Jurisdiction
Europe
Hello everyone!

I am a designer and I want to start e-commerce where I want to sell personalized illustrations: people that will buy from the store will get a cartoon-style photo with their face turned into the iconic main character of Breaking Bad Walter White, with the hazmat suit and a face mask on their head (like in the following picture

awww.rollingstone.it_wp_content_uploads_2019_08_breaking_bad_ev.jpg

In the store, I will not include any reference to the show including names, images, and other copyrighted content.

Can I still get sued because of the hazmat suit and the face mask put in that "style"?

Have you got any other suggestions in order to not get in some kind of legal trouble?

Thanks for your time! :)

I'm sorry - this forum is intended to help people with concerns related to United States law matters.

Also, there is no way we could predict if you will be sued.

Can I still get sued because of the hazmat suit and the face mask put in that "style"?

Anyone can sue anyone he or she wishes to sue.

If you persist in doing what you illustrate, my crystal ball tells me that a lawsuit might soon be in your future.

Have you got any other suggestions in order to not get in some kind of legal trouble?

Yes, don't paint a target on your back.

If your actions give you pause for thought, it might be in YOUR best interests to avoid such behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back