Wifes solicitor wants financial details

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennij

My wife & I have been separated just over 2 years but still keep in contact, she had 2 young children when we married some 20 years ago, and I keep in contact with them too. They are both now in their 20's and self sufficient, although my step son still lives with his Mum. My wife put in for a divorce for the third time 2 years ago but due to me having a severe illness, the process was put on hold. In January this year, her job came to the end of its contract and she has since been out of work. All rent and bills are shared between herself and her Son. Yesterday, I received a letter from her solicitor requesting I now provide all my financial details with a view to maintenance. The letter stated that I had 14 days to reply and that I should seek legal advice. What happens if I don't fill in and return the form, and should I be responsible to support my wife, who has no dependants, and should be self sufficient? I know that she could go to one of the many employment agencies and get work tomorrow, as she has done this many times in the past, however, for some reason she has chosen not to this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back