Wife's liability to pay soon-to-be ex-husband's medical bills....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgojan

Good afternoon:

My sister-in-law and her soon-to-be ex-husband reside in California. She was the breadwinner the entire duration of their 29-year marriage. They are in the process of a divorce with all the papers drawn up; division of assets has already taken place. He received a large sum of money from her and has purchased a condo in which he now resides.

She became extremely busy with her two jobs, (which she had to keep because he hardly contributed to the finances of the household). Against her better judgment, she did not push for him to sign the documents.

In the interim, she had on several occasions, strongly urged him to get health insurance, but he complained how expensive it was….Just this past weekend, while she was visiting with her brother and me, he suffered some chest pain and difficulty breathing. He went to the emergency room and was admitted. It turns out that he now needs open heart surgery.

Please tell me that she is not liable for his medical expenses…..:eek: :mad:

Does your sister still have him under her health insurance?

Good morning, Presutin - unfortunalty, he is not listed under her insurance plan. He came off, I believe, some time ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back