Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Wife Was Driven To A Motel By A Used Car Salesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

codean19

My wife was car shopping back in september and test drove a few cars. one of the salesman offered to drive her home because it started storming out. While he was driving her home, he drove to a motel and told her "this is what i thought you wanted".
She is a black woman and was 1 month new to the area, NJ.
Also, after reporting this to the car dealership, they ONLY put the employee on a sebbatical and he is now working there

Are these grounds for a lawsuit?

You do not get to dictate to the dealership what discipline they mete out to the salesman.

You reported what happened; the dealership disciplined the employee. Presumably it has not happened again.

So no, you do not have grounds for a lawsuit.

There wouldn't be grounds for a lawsuit based on the fact he drove her to the motel with the assumption of something happening?
I wasn't referring to a suit on the employee's status, but what was done to my wife? Would it fall under some type of harassment?

Please forgive my questions...Finance is my game...NOT law.

There wouldn't be grounds for a lawsuit based on the fact he drove her to the motel with the assumption of something happening?
I wasn't referring to a suit on the employee's status, but what was done to my wife? Would it fall under some type of harassment?

Please forgive my questions...Finance is my game...NOT law.

I'm sure that IF you sued this creep (for what I can't imagine), his story would differ greatly from your wife's.

I suggest you let this go.

You're not going to get any money out of the creepy salesman or his dealership.

By the way, what does your wife's race have to do with this?

I'm sure women of all colors and racial identities have experienced creepy cads like this dunce!

Unfortunately, being a dunce or making a pass at someone (even a creepy, slimy pass) doesn't constitute tortious conduct actionable at law.

Okay, let's look at it this way. What are your wife's damages? How was she harmed by this? Did she lose her job? Get sued? Incur medical expenses? Outside of having an admittedly unpleasant experience (please don't think I'm unsympathetic - I completely understand how you feel) what damages is she going to sue for?

Your solution to this problem is to take your business elsewhere and let the dealership know why. If you are upset enough then you can let others know how the salesman treated her and persuade them to go elsewhere as well.

Nobody will take any kind of lawsuit that you might generate over this very seriously. It will be a waste of your time and money.

Also, it is a little odd that you would be interesting in doing so nearly 8 months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back