Wife used razor to shred my belongings; asked her to leave she won't -

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelpMyCuz

My wife is abusive to me and I fear for my safety. Yesterday she shredded my boots and other clothing with razor blades after she drank a lot of alcohol. She is bipolar and drinking and I asked her to leave and for a divorce. She refuses. The apartment lease is in my name and was mine before we married two years ago. The police have been called by others to our home for her behavior. She has two dui's and cannot drive. I asked her to leave because I fear for my safety and my life and she will not leave. She does have family. She is in her fifties with grown children. Here in Pennsylvania, can I pack her belongings and set them out and change the locks? I will file for a PFA but am concerned she is setting me up labeling me as abusing her, which I have not. I need legal help but am low on funds.

No you cannot. You either leave yourself or find a way to force her out. By the way you can Divorce her without her agreeing

My wife is abusive to me and I fear for my safety. Yesterday she shredded my boots and other clothing with razor blades after she drank a lot of alcohol. She is bipolar and drinking and I asked her to leave and for a divorce. She refuses. The apartment lease is in my name and was mine before we married two years ago. The police have been called by others to our home for her behavior. She has two dui's and cannot drive. I asked her to leave because I fear for my safety and my life and she will not leave. She does have family. She is in her fifties with grown children. Here in Pennsylvania, can I pack her belongings and set them out and change the locks? I will file for a PFA but am concerned she is setting me up labeling me as abusing her, which I have not. I need legal help but am low on funds.

You might want to file for the protective order sooner, rather than later.

As far as you touching her stuff, don't do it.
Don't touch her, either.
If you do, you could end up in hot soup.

What you can do, is call the police if she harms you, threatens you, or destroys your junk.
You should get the protective order today, as tomorrow might be too late for one of you!

You want her evicted, get the protective order, and ask the judge to temporarily order her out while a formal eviction is pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back