Wife seperated account after getting a good salary/job

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen2011

My wife right after getting a really good salary/job decided to open a separate account. We were putting our salaries in our joint account for the past 10 years. (I had a very high paid job initially so my salary was covering most of the household expenses.)

Now she recently decided to open an independent account even though she still makes all expenses from our joint account but she puts a very small portion of the income.

These actions came as a surprise. What can i do to better prepare myself in case we split for some reason? I don't want to look back and wonder what I could have done to better prepare myself.

I also have a 4 year old daughter that I love dearly. What can I do to better prepare myself?

Appreciate any feedback on this matter.

yours is not a legal problem yet

i suggest you speak to a therapist, counselor, or friend.

if it were me i would empty and close the joint account, file for divorce and wait

i would not abandon the home

she is up to something

you might wish to sit her down and discuss your marriage

Last edited:
You could stop paying into the joint account yourself. Open your own as well. Then tell her that all the bills will be paid 50/50. I would have a long talk with her and find out what is going on. Your kids need both of you. Then if she refused to do that... Put what Army Judge said to work

You could stop paying into the joint account yourself. Open your own as well. Then tell her that all the bills will be paid 50/50. I would have a long talk with her and find out what is going on. Your kids need both of you. Then if she refused to do that... Put what Army Judge said to work
Thank you.
She has now asked me to pull out my savings (which is not much) from before our marriage and wants that added to the current joint account. To make up for what I use to earn before. I frankly don't trust her anymore. Appreciate any input.

Thank you.
She has now asked me to pull out my savings (which is not much) from before our marriage and wants that added to the current joint account. To make up for what I use to earn before. I frankly don't trust her anymore. Appreciate any input.

Dude, it is time to say no.

You're an adult, not a child.

It is also time to acknowledge the fact that you've been dehumanized by this greedy cow.

To this greedy pig, you're an ATM that spits out money when she pushes your buttons.

I'd get my savings alright and retain a divorce lawyer.

But, whatever you do, do not abandon the marital home!

I'd also stop having my pay deposited to the joint account.

You're a little sheep that is about to be sheared!

Thanks army judge. I need to read up on law. I will do so starting this weekend.
Just be sure, what does abandoning martial home really mean? Is it for long periods of time?
Thanks again for response!

Dude, it is time to say no.

You're an adult, not a child.

It is also time to acknowledge the fact that you've been dehumanized by this greedy cow.

To this greedy pig, you're an ATM that spits out money when she pushes your buttons.

I'd get my savings alright and retain a divorce lawyer.

But, whatever you do, do not abandon the marital home!

I'd also stop having my pay deposited to the joint account.

You're a little sheep that is about to be sheared!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back