Wife left lives with boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdouglas27

I have been a stay at home dad for the past three years. My wife moved out two weeks ago. Last night she stopped by to see the kids and told me the truth. Since February she has been seeing her ex-boyfriend. She also told me that he has moved down here and they now have an apartment together.

When the school year ends I want to move back to Missouri and take the kids with me. Can I do this? The way I see it she left us and is committing adultery. She says she wants the kids, yet what she has told me from the past. She left this guy the first time because he and his friends spent to much time smoking the weed. Since leaving, I still pay the bills on line, there are numerous debts from the bars and liquors store. She has also started smoking cigarettes.

I want to add that in Louisiana one needs to be a resident for 12 months. I transfered over in November. She still has her Missouri license. She is not even a resident of Louisiana. She can't even fill for divorce down here.

If you move the children at the end of the school year, she may be able to force you to return them. Even though neither of you can file for divorce in LA, I believe the state has jurisdiction over custody matters since the children will have lived there for 6 months. I think you need to consult an attorney before moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back