Wife left again

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfwjeep

This is actually for my son. His wife has run off again (3rd or 4th time in two years) and staying with a man in a motel. She and my son have a 4 year old boy and that is the only way my son knows where she is staying. My son wants to get a divorce but if his wife follows past history, she will want to return to the house and marriage in a couple of months. She still has personal possesions in the house and my son is uncertain how to handle this. She has stated she is willing to sign a 'mutual consent divorce' but she is back on drugs (so we are told) and my son is afraid she will return to the home and take more than what is hers.

Can my son get any kind of restraining order? Can he change the locks on the house? He is having a hard time because he is out of work and due to a felony on his record (because of domestic violence between him and her before the baby was born) he is unable to obtain state aid or pass the background check for most employment applications. My son has been clean for over 5 years now but can't seem to manage the obstacles facing him because of the continuous marriage discord. Where can he turn for help and what can he do to protect his son in this situation?

Ubtil a divorce is file and there is a court order, your son has rights and he should go pick up the child. He should see if legal aid can help him file for custody and divorce. He should look for some type of employment. He needs a job. He likely cannot change the locks but he can try and keep his son away from this other guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back