Wife & Hushand work fnyor same compa

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgbamford

This is an employment question. My wife and I work for the same company, same division. She is a manager of the application dept. who reported to a manager (A) who reports to the CTO. I report to another manager(B) who also reports to the CTO. My manager was promising me a manager position under him managing the server Team. CTO moves my wife under same manager. Informed that HR has a problem with husband & wife as managers reporting to the same manager. I can stay in my same job, but manager (B) says I have no career path. Additional point approx 12 months prior to this, I was in the applications dept., my wife was put in charge of that group by our previous CTO, I have to be moved to the server team. I was in the position for a lead position, but no one ever did anything in addition the company was in a promotion freeze for about 6-9 months. Company has no written policy that prevents husband & wife from reporting to the same manager.

I was hired in to the company 5 years ago into the same overall dept ( under the CTO) as my wife.

Do I have any legal options.

rgbamford said:
This is an employment question. My wife and I work for the same company, same division. She is a manager of the application dept. who reported to a manager (A) who reports to the CTO. I report to another manager(B) who also reports to the CTO. My manager was promising me a manager position under him managing the server Team. CTO moves my wife under same manager. Informed that HR has a problem with husband & wife as managers reporting to the same manager. I can stay in my same job, but manager (B) says I have no career path. Additional point approx 12 months prior to this, I was in the applications dept., my wife was put in charge of that group by our previous CTO, I have to be moved to the server team. I was in the position for a lead position, but no one ever did anything in addition the company was in a promotion freeze for about 6-9 months. Company has no written policy that prevents husband & wife from reporting to the same manager.

I was hired in to the company 5 years ago into the same overall dept ( under the CTO) as my wife.

Do I have any legal options.

Yes, you can seek a transfer where you might have better promotional opportunities.

You can seek employment in another company.

Your company has prohibtions against nepotism, perceived nepotism, or favoritism.

There is nothing illegal in their hiring and promotion practices.

You have another legal option available to you.

You can get a divorce and secretly remarry and keep your mouths shut to subvert the employer's practices.

You can get a divorce and secretly remarry and keep your mouths shut to subvert the employer's practices

AJ's evil twin has been posting again.

Although I agree that this is not only not illegal, but smart. I can tell you from experience that there can be VERY serious conflict of interest issues by having family members in the same reporting chain, policy or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back