Wife got injuntion despite no arrest made, do I have to pay for house utilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt100uk

My wife got an injunction against me despite police not believing her domestic violence claims. I had to move out and can do nothing about her living in my house with her new boyfriend, and her other friend, until we are divorced which could take months. I need to know what would happen since she does not work and has no income, and we have no court orders support. Can I just forgo paying utilities and tell her it's her responsibility since I'm no longer residing there. And what happens if they are shut off.

My wife got an injunction against me despite police not believing her domestic violence claims. I had to move out and can do nothing about her living in my house with her new boyfriend, and her other friend, until we are divorced which could take months. I need to know what would happen since she does not work and has no income, and we have no court orders support. Can I just forgo paying utilities and tell her it's her responsibility since I'm no longer residing there. And what happens if they are shut off.

I suggest you hire a lawyer to represent you in the divorce and in the interim.

That said, if she has a restraining order, you are not allowed to contact or communicate with her.

That's why you need a lawyer to address the interim issues until you are divorced.

Before you abdicate paying for things, you might want to discuss this with your lawyer.

If you continue to try to do this in they cheap, it's going to get very, very costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back