Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial Wife arrested in Washington State for unknown warrant in TX!! What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliverbuttons

My wife was just arrested trying to go into Canada for vacation. She had an unknown warrant from Texas where we live. It is an extraditable offense.

She worked as a manager for a "gentleman" who operated a bar. Apparently he accused her of stealing money and filed charges that we never knew about. It is a small county in rural TX. and he has many friends in the law enforcement agency. We never got a summons for court and have found out now that they said they couldn't find us. We lived at the same address for 10 yrs. and she now works for the state! Apparently she was found with the possibility of being guilty by a jury in court that we knew nothing about!!!! She goes before the judge in Washington State today. Is there anything we can do to get her out?

Of course as everyone says, she is absolutely innocent and wouldn't steal a quarter from you. Seems as though he used his "friends" to make something happen. They could find us but "couldn't" Never gave her the chance to defend the accusations!!!

My wife was just arrested trying to go into Canada for vacation. She had an unknown warrant from Texas where we live. It is an extraditable offense.

She worked as a manager for a "gentleman" who operated a bar. Apparently he accused her of stealing money and filed charges that we never knew about. It is a small county in rural TX. and he has many friends in the law enforcement agency. We never got a summons for court and have found out now that they said they couldn't find us. We lived at the same address for 10 yrs. and she now works for the state! Apparently she was found with the possibility of being guilty by a jury in court that we knew nothing about!!!! She goes before the judge in Washington State today. Is there anything we can do to get her out?

Of course as everyone says, she is absolutely innocent and wouldn't steal a quarter from you. Seems as though he used his "friends" to make something happen. They could find us but "couldn't" Never gave her the chance to defend the accusations!!!

The facts relative to her case in Texas are somewhat irrelevant as to her her current dilemma.

She is ONLY facing extradition from Washington to Texas to face her Texas case.

That said, she is entitled to "due process" and a hearing as to the merits of the Texas case.

While you believe Texas might extradite her, that is not yet a "fait accompli".

Therefore, I suggest you advise her to do the following:

1) Make NO statements about the merits (or lack thereof) relative to her Texas case;

2) Plead NOT GUILTY;

3) Request an extradition hearing to be held in Washington;

4) You can hire an attorney to represent her;

5) Or, she can request the court appoint an attorney to represent her, if you are unable to hire one for her;

6) This is very, very important; she should request bail in order to effect her relase from confinement;

7) You can discuss bail arrangements with a few local bondsmen;

8) You should make NO statement about her innocence or guilt, regarding the Texas case, simply "SHUT UP and LAWYER HER UP"!!!!!!

9) Wait, patience is a virtue.

PM me with the county in which she has been charged in Texas.

Stop saying anything (especially that the "victim" is connected and used those connections to effect and construct this legal predicament for your wife.

Stop talking and get busy in obtaining a lawyer for your wife!!!!

Finally, there is a high probability that a small Texas county will NOT pay the costs to extradite her from Washington to Texas.

An arrest is nothing compared to what could eventually happen to her.

So, PM me with the details of her case (names, dates, city, county, etc..., and I'll look into things for you, pro bono!)

Hey, its Christmas, and I'm feeling the Baby Jesus inside of my heart!!!!!

Last edited:
Hey, OP, one more great bit of news for you and the Mrs.

Washington is a very defendant friendly state.

That means your spouse is likely to get bail.

There are a few exceptions, but for a case like hers, bail is a "no brainer".

Get busy finding a bondsman!!!!!

RCW 10.88.350

Bail.

Unless the offense with which the prisoner is charged is shown to be an offense punishable by death or life imprisonment under the laws of the state in which it was committed, a judge or magistrate in this state may admit the person arrested to bail by bond, with sufficient sureties, and in such sum as he or she deems proper, conditioned for his or her appearance before him or her at a time specified in such a bond, and for his or her surrender, to be arrested upon the warrant of the governor of this state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back