WI Divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenixhearts

Ok my question is my friend she has bin married since 06 and she is wanting to get divorced from her husband "because he dose not treat there daughter very well" and she was told in WI unless the father or mother signs over there rights to the child if the parent who has custody of the child moves to another state the other parent even if they knew about it and said it was ok all the have to do is report it and the parent and child with be made to come back to WI and charged with kidnapping Is that right or wrong? Plus my other question for her is what can she do to prepare for this and what dose she need to know or do as in her rights and what she can see coming from a lawyer or if she can get legal aid. anything you can tell will help and we will be very thankful.:)

She needs to call legal aid and see if she can get an attorney. Moving out of state without permission from the father or the courts is a really bad idea.

Dad does have rights, mom may or may not be able to move out of state. She'll need to prove it is in the childs best interest. Hopefully mom has a job, she;ll need to support the child. If she can prove the father is abusive she can ask for supervised visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back