Why?

shrinkmaster

Why are we (I include myself as I have been guilty as well) treat Step parents as though they were the Disney version of a Step Parent (reread Cinderella)? They come here to ask a question on an issue serious to them. Yet we tell them to mind their own business or have Bio Parent post. Perhaps the step parent has more time, maybe Bio Parent asked for help, maybe the step parent is a loving person who cares and is seeking answers to pass on to spouse? Many of us (myself included) are step parents and we love our Step children as our own so why are we so abusive to step parents actin gin best interest of child/ren? I would like to promote we STOP doing this and answer the questions. The answers are always the same "talk to an Attorney". We can tell Step Parent or Bio Parent this without the verbal abuse we often spew at these loving parents so can we stop please?

I agree with you, shrinkmaster. Sometimes I think we tend to be a little bit too blunt and judgmental with our "legally you're nothing to your stepchildren" replies. I imagine most of them realize that, and are trying to help and be supportive of their spouse/significant other and, by extension, his/her children.

Back