Who Should Replace the Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadine_Lambert

An employee of a tire company removed my vogue wheels to switch old tires to new. While the employee was screwing the lock in the wheel the key broke and the cap was not secured onto the wheel. Although I had asked him to take the cap completely off, the employee had assured me it would not come off. After a brief debate with the owner about taking responsibility of the broken key, he ordered a new key. Three days later the cap became MAI. I immediately told the owner and he called someone to order another cap. For three weeks I had been calling about the cap. Each week I am told "I sent for it... I don't know what happen... I will call again." Finally I said to him "three weeks is long enough to wait for an order. I would like to know what are you willing to do to fix the problem?" He abruptly said to me there is nothing else he can do; this entire situation is not his fault. The wheels on my car are special wheels the cap completes the design of the wheels.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Nadine Lambert:
An employee of a tire company removed my vogue wheels to switch old tires to new. While the employee was screwing the lock in the wheel the key broke and the cap was not secured onto the wheel. Although I had asked him to take the cap completely off, the employee had assured me it would not come off. After a brief debate with the owner about taking responsibility of the broken key, he ordered a new key. Three days later the cap became MAI. I immediately told the owner and he called someone to order another cap. For three weeks I had been calling about the cap. Each week I am told "I sent for it... I don't know what happen... I will call again." Finally I said to him "three weeks is long enough to wait for an order. I would like to know what are you willing to do to fix the problem?" He abruptly said to me there is nothing else he can do; this entire situation is not his fault. The wheels on my car are special wheels the cap completes the design of the wheels.
Sounds to me like you want to write him a demand letter, certified return receipt, documenting the conversation and what occurred subsequently. If he doesn't take care of the situation then I might pay for the cap and sue them in small claims later if they refuse to pay the bill and use the letter as proof of the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back