Who Should Pay For My Lost Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martuk

In mid December 07, I ordered 3 items online, on a US – based site, to be delivered to a US hotel where I was due to stay for Christmas. (I should explain that I do not live on the US mainland). The hotel is in Las Vegas, and I think the online store operates out of Kentucky.
Two of the items from the online site were sent by UPS and one item by Ground. The item sent by Ground was from a 3rd party supplier to the online site.
When I arrived at the hotel, only the 3rd Party item had arrived. In discussion with the hotel, they said that they had received one item from UPS (the main supplier), but had returned it as they could not match up the name on the package to the hotel guest list – very strange behavior since they managed to match up the 3rd party item!
They did not accept that the 2nd item via UPS had arrived.
In discussion with the online site, they recognized that one of the items had obviously been lost, and reimbursed me accordingly. They did so very quickly.
I sense, however, that the item that the hotel said they returned, is going to be a problem as (to date), the online site have not accepted that it was returned to them by the hotel. It may have been stolen or simply lost.
The value of this item was around $520.
Where does the responsibility for this situation lie and in particular payment? I cannot afford to lose around $520 and am looking for a refund which usually happens with this supplier if the product is returned. I should add that the tracking records of the online site show that all three items actually arrived at the hotel – despite the fact that they did accept that one item was clearly lost.

Sue the hotel in small claims court in Las Vegas, Nevada, for the actual dollar amount of your damages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back