Who Liable

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsteely

I borrowed a motorcycle . I asked the owner if it had ins. He said yes. I hit a deer and wrecked the m/c . Who liable for the m/c

You're liable for the bike, and the deer, if the state wants to crank on you. How do you hit a deer on a bike?

The only way you hit a deer on a m/c is if you chased it, it turned, which it wouldn't, and you hit the side. Sorry, this sounds like bs to me. So what did you really do to the bike?

Last edited:
Sorry gsteely, but I don't know the answer to your question. However, someone with more knowledge will probably respond. Not everyone on here answers so negatively (in fact, no one else does). Just be patient, and check back daily.

Sorry gsteely, but I don't know the answer to your question. However, someone with more knowledge will probably respond. Not everyone on here answers so negatively (in fact, no one else does). Just be patient, and check back daily.

Dry your tears, please.

Again, how did you hit the deer? I know it didn't just run out, the pitch of the engine turns them off. Unlike cars. Never, ever have I heard of someone hitting a deer on a bike(this includes 20 plus years of the Sturgis Bike Rally).

If you were chasing it, which would be the only way you hit it, or it was dead and you ran it over, is still your fault, and you are liable.

I wasn't joking about the state charging you, some states will send you a bill for removing the body.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back