Breaking a Lease Who is responsible for utilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annonymous270

I signed a 2 year lease on a house located in Georgia. My lease states that if broken i may be responsible for the remainder of payments. The landlord accepted my security deposit as a months rent and I am liable for the remaining 2 months. I agreed to pay him but now he is stating that I must maintain the pool, keep all utilities at the house on and lawn upkeep. These stipulations are not in the lease. Is this legal? Do I have to pay for utilities after I have moved out for months until he finds a new tenant? Do I have to do continual upkeep?

Thanks,
Georgia Tenant

I signed a 2 year lease on a house located in Georgia. My lease states that if broken i may be responsible for the remainder of payments. The landlord accepted my security deposit as a months rent and I am liable for the remaining 2 months. I agreed to pay him but now he is stating that I must maintain the pool, keep all utilities at the house on and lawn upkeep. These stipulations are not in the lease. Is this legal? Do I have to pay for utilities after I have moved out for months until he finds a new tenant? Do I have to do continual upkeep?

Thanks,
Georgia Tenant

If the landlord disagrees or disputes the amount in question, he'll have to sue you to get it.
Pay him what you believe the lease requires, if that's not enough, tell him to sue you.
If things are as you report, it's unlikely he'd prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back