Who Can I Ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightstar13

I don`t have any close family, like brother or sisters, I have one son, but he doesn`t care anything for me, for example, he doesn`t call or come see about me, in all the times, I have been in the hospital, I do live very close by him, our houses are within feet apart.
My question is should the time come, when I cannot and need, last minute, decisions, made, Can I hire a lawyer, to act on my behalf (even thou, I don`t have much money) and give my doctor, the information, to call the lawyer for things like pulling the plug, (if needed)?
I have asked a couple friends, can tell they don`t want no part of doing it. Do you have suggestions?
Thank you in advance for responding back to me.

It sounds like what you need is a will, and you don't have to wait until the last minute to do that.
As far as medical decisions, talk with your doctor about your wishes, and consider obtaining a no resuscitation order if you don't want the hospital to put you on life support systems.

I agree with discussing with your doctor your wishes re your care & have the dr. put the information in your medical record.

Yes, you can retain a lawyer and instruct him as to how you wish to spend your last days, and what you wish to happen upon your demise.

Your lawyer can also hold your durable power of attorney.

You can also name a friend or acquaintance to shepherd your final days and eventual exit.

Ask about it.

God bless...

Living will.

Advance directive.

Both of these things can pretty much accomplish what you're wishing to do. Be sure to make copies for all of your health-care providers, and make sure the forms meet at least the hospital's requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back