Who advocates for debters re:federal consolidation/education loans

Status
Not open for further replies.

bell

Please respond without imposing personal moral judgements.
I have college loans currently totaling $56,538.00.The papers say the capitalized interest is currently $16,597.00, but I'm sure I didn't borrow $40k initially-there must be fees in there-I did go through a period where I was afraid to answer the phone. I was last in college full time May ,92. I will never be able to pay this off (there is interest of 3-400 ea mth now). I haven't had much income in my jobs and have only paid $3,915.00 over the years -all gone to interest of course. Am 53 now-own virtually nothing-not even my own vehicle-living with relatives, trying to get a better job.
Once again, please keep your "why didn't you's" and your "you should haves" to yourself-I need facts..
I went through a bankruptcy in '94-cc bills discharged, and the lawyer convinced me we should try to get the sch bills dismissed-I spent 3 very humiliating, frightening hours on the w stand with an abusive judge ("ah, I've got you now")
Are there any truly knowledgable people in this area-who will advocate for MY life-because there are days that it feels like that is what is at stake-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back