Which affidavit of support form to fill out?

shaden

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hello, I'm a US citizen filing for an immigration visa for my husband who is from the Palestinian Territories/west bank. We reached the point of filing an affidavit of support. I do not meet the minimum requirement to sponsor him. However my father does. So I just need to know which 864 form(s) should my father and I complete? Also what is the time limit given on the visa typically before it expires? Thanks!

Hello, I'm a US citizen filing for an immigration visa for my husband who is from the Palestinian Territories/west bank. We reached the point of filing an affidavit of support. I do not meet the minimum requirement to sponsor him. However my father does. So I just need to know which 864 form(s) should my father and I complete? Also what is the time limit given on the visa typically before it expires? Thanks!

You should hire an immigration lawyer.
You really need to understand the onerous burden that will be placed on your father, if he's stupid enough to get hooked up in your silliness.

These nice folks will reveal just what price a person pays if he or she agrees to sponsor an alien:

www.uscis.gov

The form is the same, but you really should not be doing this on your own. that goes double if your spouse is over 21 and you are counting on your father to prove support. It is possible things have changed as I have been out of the game for a few years now but I do not believe a parent in law may sponsor for an immigrant visa, but may for a non-immigrant one.
http://www.uscis.gov/node/35704

Back