When is attorney review legally over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJHawk

Hi,

I signed a purchase agreement on 6/24. My girlfriend, also listed on the contract never signed it. On 6/27, the sellers signed the purchase agreement and we went to attorney review. On 6/29, my attorney sent a fax to the seller's attorney stating "I hereby disapprove of the contract, but if we can agree upon the following modifications, I will approve of the Contract" He listed numerous things I wanted to add. On 7/2, the seller's attorney faxed back the document with some items struck out and some agreed to and initialed by the seller. After returning from 4th of July weekend, I contacted my attorney and he informed me of the changes. I did not like some of it so I asked for more changes which my lawyer faxed over on 7/7. During this time, I decided against the property and my lawyer faxed my offer withdrawal letter on 7/12. On 7/13, I received a letter from the seller's attorney stating that attorney review was over 7/2 and I was in breach of contract and they threatened to sue for damages. Is this a scare tactic or legit? Thanks.

Last edited:
hm, this is a question your lawyer should be best suited to answer. It depends on the details of the contract and what exactly was exchanged between the parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back