When does child support end

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmilheim

My ex-husband and I have mutually agreed upon child support for the past 4 yrs ... we now have a daughter who will be turning 18 in Oct, who is also pregnant, she also has 2 yrs of high school left before she graduates ... he is now telling me that he no longer is required to pay support for her because she is pregnant and considered an adult now ... I always thought that he was obligated to pay support for her until she graduates ... can someone help clarify this for me ... we live in PA

Why is she graduating so late? The courts may not force him to pay past 18 if she has not attended school regularly. Since she is pregnant she will likely have to drop out for at least 1 semester. Without a court order though, he can stop paying.

My daughter will not miss any school because she is due in july and she is graduating late due to when her birthday falls and because she failed one year ... as i said ... it is mutally decided upon support ... the courts were not involved ... so in other words you are basically telling me that if he choses to stop paying he can ???

Yes, if there is no order for support and he is volunatarily paying, he can stop paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back