What's the statue of limitatiions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjhiggi

rondahigginbotham@yahoo.com
What is the statue of limitations in Texas for a bad check? I wrote a check almost 4 years ago for around 900.00 to a store and they are just now telling me that it didn't go through and trying to collect for it through a collection company.:eek:

bad check

I'm thinking seven years.. If you pay the amount to the creditor even though it's been four years it's going to show up on your credit report for an entire 7 yrs, if you weight out the 7 yrs, it magically disappears off your record. that's how creditors work. My situation was different then yours, since yours included a bad check, i'm not sure, i've allways dealt with credit. Hope to of been of some help.

illena1977 said:
I'm thinking seven years.. If you pay the amount to the creditor even though it's been four years it's going to show up on your credit report for an entire 7 yrs, if you weight out the 7 yrs, it magically disappears off your record. that's how creditors work. My situation was different then yours, since yours included a bad check, i'm not sure, i've allways dealt with credit. Hope to of been of some help.
The statute of limitations to collect for virtually anything varies by state. In many transactions and my be between 3 and 6 years, although this doesn't mean your state's is that short or that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back