1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

What's the likelihood of kicking my wife out of my house?

Discussion in 'Divorce, Separation, Annulment' started by jonathan72, May 2, 2021.

1. jonathan72

jonathan72 Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Georgia
    Title says it all....

(1) There is domestic violence incident against my wife.

Wife's 30 year daughter and her husband tried to attack me when I refused to pay for the daughter's grad school. Locked myself in my room and called 9-1-1. Literally didn't say a word on the call, the dispatcher can hear the banging on my door and my wife yelling/screaming and immediately sent multiple cops. Cops kicked my wife's daughter and husband out and told them they don't live here and don't come back. Said they wouldn't kick my wife out because she lives here? and the cops camped out in my living room for hours.
    I'm not sure what is on the police report if anything...my lawyer said I couldn't kick her out so I didn't bother. I do have photos of the broken door. And I'm sure the 9-1-1 call exists?

(2) Wife has been secretly and illegally recording me for a year at least.

She's set up multiple hidden cameras in multiple rooms, without my knowledge. There is nothing in these videos, just me talking on the phone with friends/family and name calling my wife (dumb, stupid etc.). Even my wife's lawyer told my lawyer "don't bother reviewing those videos, there's nothing there, but she [wife] insisted we send these"...he knows she's crazy.
    More importantly, one of the camera's was in my home office, and I talk to patients via webcam 2x a week and work from home there. My wife is a nurse and knows all about HIPAA.
    My wife's lawyer actually told my lawyer she [wife] knew what I was doing with the divorce, and my lawyer called me to tell me not to discuss the case because my wife might have tapped my lines... obviously now we know it was the hidden cameras.
    Any grounds for kicking her out because I can't have a fair and impartial trail?

(3) I expected to be divorced by now, but my case is in a standstill because my wife refuses to answer my discovery.
    Trial date was 5 months ago, it never happened. My wife refuses to answer my discovery, she answered maybe 10% of it. There is a reason why, she's hiding money and cheated.

(4) Probably doesn't matter but...
    I paid every dime of the house, even though it's jointly titled. And my wife has the funds to live elsewhere. Bit ironic she filed divorce for abuse yet wants both tenants to enjoy the martial home...

Before you ask, I don't have an attorney at the moment, I terminated him. He refuses to get my discovery answered, wants to "chase" it more before going to court i.e. bill me crazy and not do anything. In the process of finding another lawyer but priority at this point is getting my discovery answered, I don't want to bother them with if I can kick my wife out.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  2. justblue

justblue Well-Known Member

How long have you been married? Did you purchase the home while married or before?

3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

DIVORCE is always an option, as is packing up your stuff, withdrawing all your money, and vanishing to parts unknown.

Most things people fight about aren't worth it.

You're free to leave and go anywhere that beautiful US Passport can take you. You're free to relocate without explanation to any US state or territory.

Freedom is wonderful.

You don't need permission, just money, spend your money on yourself.
    You don't need her permission to sell the home.

You can ask a court to partition it, let the creep have it, or try to sell it.

You can also just walk away and let them wonder where you went.

Its YOUR money, and you can
    Have money, Can travel.take ALL of it with you when you vanish.

Be smarter than the dunderheads that vex and threaten you, disappear yourself.

Red Kayak likes this.
  4. Red Kayak

Red Kayak Active Member

This sounds very familiar.

Either you posted about this a few months ago (here or down the street), or there are a lot of doctors married to nurses in the process of divorcing, and the wives are well versed in spying, ignoring HIPAA.

5. jonathan72

jonathan72 Law Topic Starter New Member

7 years and during marriage.

sounds great if someone isn't trying to get half of your money and you have a career

Probably none as big as a nut case as her. I deal with neonates. I don't think a mom that just recently gave birth to a critically ill is looking to get with an guy 30 years her senior.

6. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

You are represented - talk to your attorney about your options.

7. Red Kayak

Red Kayak Active Member

I can't understand why you think her recordings would hurt your ability to get a "fair and impartial trial". The ones from your home office are not legally admissible, and any attempt on her part to admit content from them will reflect poorly on her and negatively affect her credibility.

Have you reported this to the police? (Not that they'll do anything.)

Since she's a nurse, have you reported any of her HIPAA violations to her employer?

While you are in a difficult situation, you need to take care to act rationally, and assess what matters and what does not. While I appreciate that you like your home, it is a marital asset. Determine what is legally considered to be marital assets, and offer to divide the assets equitably. This means that either one party buys out the other party's share of the equity in the marital home, and takes on all further responsibilities of ownership, or the marital home gets sold and the proceeds split.

Can your wife afford the house? Can she refi the mortgage into her name, pay the taxes, etc.? Because she should not expect much alimony for a 7 year marriage.

P.S. To answer your initial question: NO, nothing you have posted indicates you have a legal route to kicking her out. She does not seem willing to leave, she does not seem amicable to being "paid" to leave, and based on what you have posted, you do not have grounds for a stay away order.