What's the easiest and fastest way to remove non biological fathers informations?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunshineMom

This question involves the state of Florida. I have a 18 month old son. My sons biological father never wanted to be in his life since he found out I was pregnant. I started dating a new man when I was 2 months pregnant. He signed the birth certificate and I gave my son His last name. Up until my son was 14 months he has been in His life. Now he hasnt made any contact. I recently filed for establishment of paternity to the biological father. He hasn't responded within the 20 day period. *My question Is what should my next step be and should I file for disestablishment of paternity to the nonbiological father?!*

Your next step should be to speak with an attorney.

You may (in fact will) find that YOU can no longer challenge paternity. Your motion will be denied, because paternity is already established. The only person with standing to challenge at this late date would be bio dad.

What a tangled web we weave!

He signed the birth certificate and I gave my son His last name.

You both falsified a legal document. You have created your own mess.

*My question Is what should my next step be and should I file for disestablishment of paternity to the nonbiological father?!*

Your next step should be to save up some money before your go further, because this is going to be expensive for you to fix.

You got pregnant by one man, that didnt work out so your next BF you allowed to sign birth documents assuming role as Dad. Now things didnt work out with this man and you want to undo your orginal fraud? Am I correct? Does bio Dad wish to challnge paternity? Is legal Dad ok with losing his current parental rights to his (legal) child? Your answers are important to resolving this issue

But couldn't I file a motion of default?!

You can file, but it won't matter - because paternity HAS ALREADY BEEN ESTABLISHED.

In order to change that, you need Legal Dad's paternity to first be DISestablished.

You're in over your head, and you need an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back