Whats my rights

Farrahsfotos

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
I got arrested a few weeks ago for an unpaid traffic ticket. It was $163 and i had forgot about it till i mentioned it to a girl i knew a couple days prior. I stated that i needed to check on that because i was afraid i had a bench warrent. The day of my arrest i had taking her to our local DMV where are police station is also located. She goes inside to get her driver's license renewed and the next thing I know I have a cop asking me my name and then telling me that I have a warrant for my arrest I asked another cop friend of mine if she ratted on me if there was a way of telling that he pulled up the police record and it has her name on it because he asked me who is and then said her name I have no idea what her name would be on my police report she left me in jail when she had access to my vehicle my driver's license my debit cards and my cell phone and turn off my cell phone so I couldn't call her try to get her to help me the cop has backed out I'm helping me now he said he's afraid he'll get in trouble but I really need to know if this girl did this to me or not how do I contact the arresting officer or am I allowed to?

Anyone can tell the cops about someone who has an active warrant. What's the issue? Nothing she did is libelous or slanderous or defamation.

She didn't "do anything" to you. You did it to yourself when you forgot to pay a ticket. So you take responsibility and pay the fine and take care of the problem. I would assume she's not a friend anymore...and I wouldn't allow her to have access to things like a vehicle, driver's license and phone.

well it's not defamation, slander or libel if you did actually have a warrant out for you and she turned you in. DSL is for something that is untrue. This situation was not.

Why you discussed personal business with her is the issue. Why you didn't call the court yourself is the issue. You stated that you were afraid you had a bench warrant. Why didn't you try to take care of it? Unfortunately since you didn't take care of the ticket (not sure how one forgets about a traffic ticket???) and trusted the wrong person, you are now in a bad place.

You have a right to file fraud claims if she uses your debit cards to make unauthorized purchase.

how do I contact the arresting officer or am I allowed to?

You would be insane to make any contact with a police officer over a warrant, especially the one that arrested you.

You need a lawyer, you need to stop trusting people who feign to be your friends, and you learn to say no.

You also need to do as adults do, take care of their business.

If you break any of their laws, snitches could rat you out.
If you don't break their laws, snitches have nothing to say about you.

I suggest you busy yourself with improving YOU, and forget any other useless nonsense.

Back