Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft What's justice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith Justice

Jurisdiction
Missouri
To whom it may be concerned ,

Hi ,
First , I'm not sure how this works , what should I ask , or not ask , so , I'm sorry if I'm doing it wrong .
This " thing " is eating me alive , and has been for to long .
So , I will really appreciate if someone can help me .

Back in 2011 , I was in Walmart store getting few things . I was in hurry , cause it was getting late and I was afraid to walk back home in dark . I came to store mostly cause I needed couple more cardboard boxes to finish packing , and since I was in store I got few more things ( milk , cookies , some snacks , etc.) .
I was checking out at self check line .

I was trying to scan box , but barcode was to far to scan , so I asked for assistance from cashier . She was checking the screen , and told me that I need to manually enter the code twice , for I told her that I tried both boxes . She's like " Just enter 2 , for two boxes , so you don't have to do another box whole entering " . I did that , finished scanning , paid , put things in my backpack , and at the exit grabbed both boxes from cart , and proceed leaving . I was approaching street when I heard someone calling " miss , miss .." .

At first I didn't pay attention , but it seemed like the voice was closer to me , so I turned around , and I have seen to people waving to me , and asking to stop . I yelled back that I'm in hurry , and what they need . They said , just wait , and I said , I'm sorry but I must go . At that point police car , which I didn't noticed even coming , crossed my way , stopped , police officer came out , around car , gabbed me and pushed against car .

As God is my witness , I didn't know what's going on . He was pushing me so hard while he was putting on handcuffs , that I started to cry ,asking him , please , stop , you're hurting me . What's going on , why do you doing this . At which point he start laughing , and people that were behind me , also approach us . Police officer then asked them what I did ? They told him that I didn't pay for one cardboard box . (All my stuff was already on the ground when police officer grabbed me , he also grabbed my backpack from my back and throw it on the ground , and I believe I just let boxes out of my hands when he was handcuffed me .). He replied that he knew as soon as he saw me that I must have been stealing . They said , they are security , and that they need me to go back to store . I was still crying cause I was in pain . I told them that I didn't steal anything and they can check receipt . One of them said that they didn't see me scanning two boxes , just one . And they will check receipt once we get to store .

I told them , please , it's getting dark and I have to go home . And then officer pushed me even harder saying " You think you're going home ? That "b... not gonna happen so soon . And once that happens , you will tell your Bosnian people that they are in America , and they can't do what they doing . And I know b.... that you didn't steal box , you stole all this things you have with you ." Then he said to security people that they can take everything from backpack , and boxes , cause he's sure I stole everything . I wasn't feeling well , I asked security guard to help me .

They were just standing there . I was bagging them to help , cause I don't feel good . Officer pushed his elbow against my back and I just fainted . I remember screaming at that point . I remember security telling officer that they can take it from there , they just need me to go back to store and clear things up . I remember being so scared , I thought I'll pass out , from fear . I remember , even now , at this very moment , like reliving it , officer telling them to take things and let him take care of me . By that time , I was still on the ground , he's foot on my back , pain in my arms , face , legs , chest , head , against ground . I remember , I said , please , please let me go , it's hurting , please I'm not feeling well .

I felt my seizure coming and I was so scared , as always when I know that I'm about to have seizure . After that moment , everything is like nightmare , horrible , never forgetting nightmare . I have recollection , pieces of memory , pause , horrific realization that is not just nightmare of past , of things happen in past , but reality , happening there and then , where and when I believed in safety . I remember there was ambulance , voices , someone saying " You'll be ok " , " Can you tell me your name " , I was trying , but like most of the time after seizure I can hear , I can see , but I can't respond , and I don't remember when exactly started or ended . I remember being in hospital , hospital staff , it's blurry . It's so ...I don't know , I don't know to this day , gap between hospital and being back in police car , like someone snapped fingers and I woke up in that car , with that officer , short of breath , scared to death , asking for my inhalers . He laughing , saying really , really , you gonna try pull that up on me . You b.... , you stupid b.... .

I know I asked where he's taking me , for it was long , long ride . And he saying to the place where I , and " my people " belong . Then blank again , then I'm someplace , prison , jail . He's there , standing ,telling me to take of my clothes . I'm holding my head with my hands , asking not to take my hijab . He pulled it of my head , throw on the floor , stepping on it and making motion like turning off cigarette . Once he pulled my hijab , I cried out loud . At that time two or three female police officers come to me , looking at him , asking what he thinks he is doing . Why is he there , what he did to me . I remember asking for my hijab back . I remember they asking him to leave , saying that he did enough . He telling them not to listen to me . Then again , blank , gap , I don't know .

Then doctor saying , " You'll have to wait , she's to weak , and heart beating is like 150 " . I don't know where I was or for how long , till I remember camera snapshot . Then someone saying you can go ,and in disbelief confused , I'm saying , go where ? Go home.. but I don't know where I am . They told me , and I was like where is my home , how do I get there . You can get bus , or cab . I have no idea what's going on . I just wished to die . They gave me phone and keys , and I asked for the rest of my things , they said that's all that officer who brought me gave them . They closed door .. cold ... scary.. I was in , I think waiting room . I was looking at my phone , time that was showing confused me even more . Who can I call , I don't have anyone , beside doctors , case workers in my contact list .

Case worker , Janet , she's my only hope , beside God . I called her ...may God bless her , she answered , I heard " Ada?, Ada , is that you? " I was crying . "Ada , please , tell me where are you , what happened " . I told her that I have some paperwork that has address on , and I told her what lady officer told me when I asked her where I am . She said she'll be there as soon as possible , cause she lives like an hour from there but she's coming and she asked me to calm down cause she said I can get seizure or so , so please try to calm down , she said .

I promised her that I will . I was so cold , shaking , weak . It seemed forever till Jannet showed up . I was so happy to see her . She hugged me and took me to her car , her son was there . She said not to worry , just try to calm down , everything will be fine . She told me to try to lay my head down , cause , she said it will help me relax , and heat will help too . She covered me with something and told her son to turn heat on. We got to my home , she told me she'll take me in and put me in bed , to rest , and well talk in the morning .

We talked next day , everything end up , at least on their part , they did everything . I also did complain against officer that arrested me , cause I also went to clinic next day cause my hand was injured when officer had me on the ground , like the worst criminal .
And , still , years later , I'm having nightmares , I never recovered from that horrible experience . It was , and still is fsomething that will hunt me till my last breath .And what's worse , and my reason for writing this , I just recently find .mugshot of myself from that night , mugshot taken for something so unjust , so unfair , so unbelievable . And it's there where anyone can see it , and think of me being criminal cause Walmart security thought I didn't pay cardboard box , never bothered to check my receipt , allow police officer to assault me in front of them , took my things , that they knew was pad for , which make them thief , they stole from me , cause one officer told them that he believed I stole everything , no matter that they knew for sure that's not truth .

For years I was afraid of police , all of them in uniform , instead feeling safe , because of action of one I was afraid of all And in case I needed help I was afraid to look for help from them . Years later I got courage to go with my case worker to Walmart to try retrieve my property . When I told them why I'm there , people I spoke to , manager at that time , and assistant , they said that they can't believe something like that happened in Walmart , that Walmart staff allowed it , and took my stuff , but they can only apologise , get me gift card for reimbursement , and welcome me back to store . Also , if I need assistance while I'm in store , someone will always help me . I was , I'm not sure , such a mixture of feelings , angry , upset , irritated , in disbelief , how can they think it's so simple .

Oh , yeah , they said there was big change in whole Walmart , staff that used to work at the time is no longer working for Walmart , so they can't do nothing about action they did . I told them that I don't won't their gift cards , I wanted my things , for they took not just what I purchased but also what I had in my backpack when I come to stor . My case manager told me , at least to take gift cards , but I refused . Pain is still here , and fear that people actually believe I'm a recognized me .

How can I help myself . I have paperwork that everything is dismissed but mugshot still exist . Are things like this something that happened a lot , people getting arrested just cause police officer believe what he wants to believe, and decides to do what he wants , and with no question asked have someone's mugshot just like that ?
Does people really get mugshot and let go with no further action ?

Thank you ,

Sincerely , " Looking Justice "
P.S. I apologize if is unclear what I'm trying to say in all this writing , still causing hurt even thinking about that event ( I'll call it even )

Last edited by a moderator:
I have added some white space because the initial post was impossible to read.

What action are you looking to have happen? What result are you looking for now?

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer shoplifting questions daily but I cannot figure out what your real question is.

It has been way too long to pursue any kind of legal action.
You may benefit from speaking with a counselor or psychiatrist if this event from years ago still troubles you now.
The mugshot is of no significance. Do not be concerned about it.

I was trying to scan box , but barcode was to far to scan , so I asked for assistance from cashier . She was checking the screen , and told me that I need to manually enter the code twice , for I told her that I tried both boxes . She's like " Just enter 2 , for two boxes , so you don't have to do another box whole entering " .

I must confess I LOVE self checkouts.

I've probably used every self checkout throughout North America, and other civilized parts of the planet.

In the year 20111, self checkouts (even at Walmart) were in their infancy, some say toddler years, but they weren't sophisticated enough to permit customers to type 2, 3, or more; to avoid scanning each item.

In the waning months of 2018, seven years later, self checkouts still require each item I purchase to be scanned individually.

Why?

Merchants know that many people steal, and more would steal if you could simply emulate cashiers and avoid scanning 10 boxes of tissues 10 times by typing the number 10.

Bottom line, I call bullshit on your tale of woe, and won't waste more time reading more bullshit.

Thread closed................................................................................................

If you have legitimate legal issues, post them, no more cut and paste crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back