Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft What's gonna happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcdfg

Yesterday, a friend and I got caught shoplifting at walmart. It was 36 dollars worth of makeup, and we were pulled into the security office where they took down our info and had a cop come in and get our sides of the story. He gave each one of us a ticket, but he told me since it's my first offense and I'm only fourteen, that I could get a diversion. But I wanna know how long this is gonna last. Is this gonna go on my permanent record? Is it gonna effect my chances of getting a job as a teenager? Will it effect what colleges I can go to?

Also, the store security told us we will be getting a civil fine from the store from $50-$500. She told us it will most likely be $50. Is she telling the truth?

Do I need a lawyer or anything? Or will it just be a small court case where I can just admit to my crime?
Am I for sure going to court? Because my friend got caught stealing and nothing happened, when the store said that they'll set a court date. If no court date is set, will it still be on my record?

I'm so worried and I'm just freaking out. I don't want this one mistake to ruin my life.

Lets see if I can pull your questions out of this.
that I could get a diversion. But I wanna know how long this is gonna last. Is this gonna go on my permanent record? I
Diversion programs vary but should be 6 months to a year. Far as record goes most diversions programs consider your case "dismissed" once you successfully complete program. This means no criminal record
Is it gonna effect my chances of getting a job as a teenager? Will it effect what colleges I can go to?
If you successfuly complete Diversion program probably not
Also, the store security told us we will be getting a civil fine from the store from $50-$500. She told us it will most likely be $50. Is she telling the truth?
Probably not but I dont think they lied to you either. Civil Demand is almost never lower unless stolen item only cost a few bucks. If I were to guess (and its a guess) your Civil Demand fine should be $200.00 - $300.00. But who knows it might be $50.00
Do I need a lawyer or anything?
Yes you do not want to try to do this without one
You were charged yes your going to court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back