what's going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceecollins

My fiance is in jail with bail set at 550, 000 $. He is being accused of attempted first degree murder and attempted 2nd degree feticide. Its been almost two months.. they have no evidence other than the girl who says she saw him the gun and the getaway car all while being shot. She was a girl that earlier this year claimed she was pregnant for him. From their short relationship last year while him and I were separated. She was pregnant at the time of the shooting however she also says now that she didn't see that it was him but she "figured" it had to have been him. They have no previous violent history, or police reports to support her concerns. His family has no money no property. What can be done? How long can they keep him with just her word of mouth accusations?. And is there anything he can request to be done from inside the jail?. He has a public defender, but has only seen him once!!. Other than just sit in there with no information what can be done? Also she and the baby are fine.. and there are now other males being questioned due to the fact that there may be other possible "father" prospects. This is a circus please help!

Last edited:
He will have to work with his public defender unless someone can come up with the money for a "private" lawyer and/or bail money.

My fiance is in jail with bail set at 550, 000 $. He is being accused of attempted first degree murder and attempted 2nd degree feticide. Its been almost two months.. they have no evidence other than the girl who says she saw him the gun and the getaway car all while being shot. She was a girl that earlier this year claimed she was pregnant for him. From their short relationship last year while him and I were separated. She was pregnant at the time of the shooting however she also says now that she didn't see that it was him but she "figured" it had to have been him. They have no previous violent history, or police reports to support her concerns. His family has no money no property. What can be done? How long can they keep him with just her word of mouth accusations?. And is there anything he can request to be done from inside the jail?. He has a public defender, but has only seen him once!!. Other than just sit in there with no information what can be done? Also she and the baby are fine.. and there are now other males being questioned due to the fact that there may be other possible "father" prospects. This is a circus please help!

Here's a thought, why don't YOU hire him a lawyer?

Or, get about $60,000 together, contact a bail bonding agency and pay his bond.

Or, ask him to write a letter to his attorney and request a bail reduction hearing.

Otherwise, he'll have to be patient and work with his court appointed and taxpayer funded attorney, his public defender.

Chances are they have more evidence than you know about. If it was as weak as you think charges probably wouldn't be filed, and a judge would not likely hold him in custody.

Believe me if I could I would.. I'm hosting all kinds of t hings to help get money to pay a lawyer I found but she needs 2, 000 $ up front. Smh. I don't have that kind of money. Meanwhile I keep money on his books. But I'm trying the best I can otherwise.

He's not being held on an accusation alone; there must be some sort of evidence.

Perhaps you're not being told the whole story?

For $550,000 bail & being held, agree there must be some evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back